Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ugh...

It's been a busy weekend, and it has no intention of slowing down. The script read went very well, and Ali's professors gave some very good constructive criticism. It is an excellent story, though some more development is needed. The website for the film is here. It is in pre-production, and casting will begin soon. It is partially funded at this point, and as soon as all of it is complete, he should start shooting around May of next year. Ali has already invited me to Turkey to watch the shooting, and while I don't know if I could swing it financially, I'd love to try.

So, apart from that, I spent most of yesterday playing tour guide at my theatre. The Landmark Society of Western NY has these neighborhood tours every year. We participated in one back in 2005, and they asked us if we would do so again, so I volunteered to act as a guide, and give a history of the theatre to people coming throgh it. I had no voice left by the end of the day ,and my knees were aching.

Today is going to be just as busy, lots of house stuff to do, then work tonight. Ugh...

4 comments:

VioletSky said...

I love those open house tours - you get inside places you travel past and may not otherwise think about or inside places you've always wondered about and end up learning so much.

battlemaiden said...

I keep meaning to do one of those tours. There just are never enough hours in the day. And, usually, I like spending my one day off a week doing NOTHING.

AnneDroid said...

We had an open house tour at the jail yesterday (honestly!!) I was assistant "Tour Guide Barbie" (a Toy Story reference). Part of this jail is a very historic building and no prisoners live in it.

A.D. Sisson said...

My parents were guides downstairs from you yesterday. Probably had some of the same visitors.