Friday, January 2, 2009

Role reversal.

Being a freelance writer, usually it is myself that does the interviewing, but thanks to Violet Sky, now I've become the interviewee. It's something new, where fellow bloggers join in, and then you e-mail them back with 5 interview questions, and so on, and so on, and so on...

So, without any further adieu, here are the five questions posed to me:

1. What foreign language do you wish you were fluent in, and why?

This is a bit of a tough one, as there actually are two, French and Japanese. French is a beautiful language, if you can get past the part where they simply ignore certain consonants, and Japanese is a very nuanced language. I used to be conversational in Spanish, having taken 6 years of it and having half my friends be from Puerto Rico when I was growing up. I also used it a lot working as a paramedic, especially in Brooklyn.

2. It's vacation time! Seaside or Mountains?

Seaside, as I miss it very much. The shore of Lake Ontario just doesn't cut it compared to the Atlantic.

3. You have inherited from an eccentric gentleman his entire possessions which include a vast collection of papers and artifacts from his travels. They were bought for his personal taste rather than as an investment, but some may be museum worthy and all have been cared for and meticulously catalogued. The only instructions are that you must never sell any of the pieces. What will you do with them?

Keep what I like, insure them; donate the rest, or give them to a relative as a present on the condition that they sell it for me.

4. The complete series of any tv show ever produced is available to you on dvd, You can choose two, and assuming that you already have Battlestar Galactica, which shows do you choose?

LOL, actually I do have Battlestar Galactica, but only season's 1 and 2, and "Razor." Well, if I had to choose, I would probably pick Prime Suspect. What an amazing series with Helen Mirren. After that, it would be "I Claudius."


5. Which part of the newspaper do you always read first?

The front section. I prefer to get through the big stories first.


So, if you'd like to play along, here are the rules:

Send me an email saying: ”Interview Me” (see my profile page for address)
I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
You can then answer the questions on your blog.
You should also post these rules along with an offer to interview anyone else who emails you wanting to be interviewed.

5 comments:

VioletSky said...

Thanks for playing.
Japanese would be one of my languages, too. It would make visiting there so much more meaningful.

Alexandra Kate Murphy said...

Battlestar galactica!!!! LMAO!

Mr. Nighttime said...

VS - Yeah, Japan is on my list of places to visit before I die.

Alex - Hey, we're not talking about the 70's cheesy version. The current version is taut, with great writing, and is really, really good. You should check it out.

youngheejin said...

Prime Suspect? Now I'm curious, I want to see it. It interests me.

Mr. Nighttime said...

Young - You can check it out here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Suspect