Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm embarrassed just remembering this.

VioletSky, little Canadian minx that she is, has tagged me with something that has forced me to reach back into the dim recesses of my past. The ghost of albums past is haunting me like a turntable in the night, making my head spin at 33 1/3 rpm until I am forced to admit the one embarrassing album that I actually purchased.

First, I will lay no claim to sanity while buying this, other than the fact that I was head over heels for a certain disco chick, back in the day. Yes, I will freely admit gentle reader, (stress on gentle, please) that in my desperation to get a date, I did (under duress) purchase said album by "Pablo Cruise," in 1977. Mea culpa. May I forfeit my Who fan club card, but the girl was just too hot.

May the ghosts of Keith Moon and John Entwistle have mercy on my soul.




So that this embarrassment may be shared by others, I tag:

Bendy Girl, Anna, Petite, Ryan(who might get off his ass and start blogging again), and Julia.

11 comments:

C. said...

* giggles and shakes her head * Oy.

Mr. Nighttime said...

Claudia - Not a word from you my dear, or I'll slap you silly...Oh, wait, you would enjoy that.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. That's bad. What were you thinking? LOL!

Mr. Nighttime said...

Jay - Thinking never entered the picture, as if I were thinking, I never would have bought the bloody album! ;-)

VioletSky said...

...now you're feeling like such a fool....oh but it's all right, once you get past the pain...

Nope, doesn't sound like the you I suspect is the real you.

Mr. Nighttime said...

VS-You have no idea...

Anonymous said...

Oh well, we were all real young one day ;-)

I got myself ABBA albums.

And appeared on stage in a playback effort, most embarrassing :)

zoe said...

I am SO embarrassed to have you on my blogroll. Really, what on EARTH possessed you?


wv: prego.

how apt.

Mr. Nighttime said...

Zoe - Uhm....Uhm... Teenage hormones? Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket..

Mr. Nighttime said...

Peter - Having the ABBA albums is not as bad going on the stage and performing a la karaoke. That truly takes a momentary lapse of reason. (Which, btw, is a great Pink Floyd album.)

Anonymous said...

My embarassing album would be the Xanadu Soundtrack. I thought, at the time, that it was a movie based on the Rush song, based on the Samual Taylor Colridge poem.

Side one all ELO tunes -who, BTW, made a HUGE mistake in doing this. They fell from greatness. Side two all Olivia Newton-John.