Monday, October 10, 2011

The unbearable lightness of my wallet.

So, the time finally came when I was able to purchase a long wanted MacBook Pro. I use to have a MacBook G4 that a friend gave me some time ago, but it bit the dust about 2 years ago, and I was using a loaner PC from him. It gave me the ability to work as well, but it was about six or seven years old, and a bear to work with. Still, I couldn't complain, but the time had come where I had the financial means to get a brand new Mac, and one that I could put Windows on via an emulator, so that I could use it for my work at home job, and use it for my writing and theatre work on the Mac OS side of things. I bought it last Friday, and it didn't take long to remember how Mac works, and to get most of my files transferred over to it.

I am using this as a stepping stone, and inspiration to start blogging regularly again. I feel as thought I have a computer I'm comfortable with again, and believe it or not, it makes a difference. So, here we go, and I'll consider something to write about tomorrow.

3 comments:

Shrinky said...

Welcome back! My eldest is nagging (okay, begging) me for a Mac for his Christmas.

Sigh..

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Welcome back. Blogland has been feeling like a desert with almost everyone gone / busy etc.

Mr. Nighttime said...

Shrinky - Yeah, I know the feeling. I've used both PC's and Macs, and just find Macs more user friendly.

GG - I also think Facebook has taken a bite out of the blog market. I'm guilty of that as well.