Thursday, December 11, 2008

...and the week just keeps getting better.

As if enduring the interview-that-never-should-have-been wasn't bad enough, I got the phone call yesterday that I knew was going to come. My friend who I wrote about that just put her dad into hospice called; dad died yesterday. I am hurriedly getting things together, throwing stuff into the car and will be running down to NYC later today. I'll be staying with my brother and his family, and while it will be nice to see them, I wish it was for a far happier occasion.

I'll have my laptop, and I'm pretty sure my brother has a wireless modem, so I'll see about posting when I'm there. In the meantime, think of my friend's dad; he endured a lot, and is no longer suffering.

7 comments:

battlemaiden said...

Have a safe trip and hang in there. Condolences to your friend.

gemmak said...

Sorry to hear about your friend...life seems to have a habit of being 'all at once' or 'nothing at all' doesn't it!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. I hope you stay safe along the way.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear someone important to you is gone. I hope the funeral etc goes as well as these things possibly can.

A said...

There's something extra tragic about dying during the holiday season.

In spite of your loss, I hope being able to visit your relatives will make it all somewhat less tragic.

Zed said...

Take care, and my condolences to your friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. As you say, he is at peace now, and has to endure no more.

I hope you can enjoy the company of your family and friends despite the sadness of the occasion.